HG Immigration Ltd. © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 

Contact us:

Tel: +1 (289) 427-0460

FAX: +1 (289) 427-0461

Email: info@hgimmigration.com


Immigration Services & Consulting


Caregiver 5-Year Pilot Program (effective June 18, 2019)


Caregivers may be able to apply for permanent residence through the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot if you:

  • meet the eligibility requirements, and
  • have a job offer to work in one of these occupations

Through theses pilots, you'll get an open work permit to come to Canada and work temporarily. This work permit:

  • is occupation-restricted (so you have to work in that specific occupation)
  • doesn't need a Labour market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
  • lets you get the work experience you need to be eligible for permanent residence

If you recently worked as a home child care provider or support worker, your experience may count towards your eligibility for permanent residence.

Qualifying Work Experience

Qualifying work experience means you've worked full-time in Canada in one of these National Occupation Classification (NOC) jobs:

  • home child care provider (NOC 4411) - experience as a foster parent doesn't count
  • home support worker (NOC 4412) - experience as a housekeeper doesn't count

​The amount of work experience will determine which application process you will use.

  • ​​No qualifying work experience
  • Some qualifying work experience, but less than 24 months
  • 24 or more months of qualifying work experience

​​Your family members are also eligible to come with you to Canada. If they want to work or study while in Canada, you can include their work or study permit applications with your application.

Families can hire a foreign caregiver to provide care, in a private residence, to children, seniors or persons with certified medical needs, when Canadians and permanent residents are not available.

Under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), families can hire foreign caregivers. However, the caregivers must:

  • provide care on a full-time basis (minimum 30 hours per week);
  • work in the private household where the care is being provided; and
  • meet the requirements set by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC);and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).


​You may be eligible to apply for the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot, if you:

  • have a genuine and valid job offer
  • are able to do the job
  • meet the language level
  • meet the education requirement
  • are admissible to Canada
  • plan to live outside the province of Quebec as a permanent resident

Please contact us for details.