HG Immigration Ltd. © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 

Contact us:

Tel: +1 (289) 427-0460

FAX: +1 (289) 427-0461

Email: info@hgimmigration.com


Immigration Services & Consulting


Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some of the most common questions asked by our clients. If you have any other questions, please contact us.

Q: How quickly will my application be processed?

A: Processing times tell you how long it has taken Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process applications in the past. Various factors can affect processing including but not limited to:

           i)  the length of time an applicant takes to respond to requests for information and documents,
           ii) the need for medical and security screening,
           iii) changes in IRCC operations and procedures, and
           iv) other issues beyond IRCC’s and HGi's control such as politically influenced immigration policy changes.

You can check current processing times for your application type here.

Q: What would make me inadmissible (i.e. not allowed to come to Canada)?

A: The following is a guide. A Canadian immigration officer will decide if you can enter Canada when you apply for a visa, an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), and/or when you arrive at a port of entry.

​Some people are not allowed to come to Canada. They are known as “inadmissible” under Canada’s immigration laws. There are many reasons IRCC/Canada Border Services Agency may not let you into Canada, such as:

  •           you are a security risk,
  •           you have committed human or international rights violations,
  •           you have been convicted of a crime, or you have committed an act outside Canada that would be a crime,
  •           you have ties to organized crime,
  •           you have a serious health problem,
  •           you have a serious financial problem,
  •           you lied in your application or in an interview,
  •           you do not meet the conditions in Canada’s immigration law, or
  •           one of your family members is not allowed into Canada.

Normally, if you are inadmissible to Canada, you will not be allowed to enter. If you have a valid extenuating reason to travel to Canada, you may be issued a temporary resident permit. If you have committed or been convicted of a crime, you have a few options. Please contact us to discuss. 

If you have been convicted of driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs, you will probably be found criminally inadmissible to Canada. But as of March 1, 2012, you may be able to get a temporary resident permit for one visit without paying the C$200 processing fee.

** If you are convicted of a crime while you are in Canada, it will affect your immigration efforts including attaining Permanent Residence and Citizenship.